This article outlines how to configure PowerP2V v3.6.1 and higher to use 100 Mbit Full Duplex settings.
PowerP2V v3.6.1 and higher now allows the user to force the network adapter of a source machine (while under PlateSpin control) to use 100 Mbit Full Duplex. This feature may be required in situations where the hubs/switches in the network environment are set to 100 Mbit Full Duplex and cannot be changed to Auto Negotiation.
To configure the conversion job to use 100 Mbit Full Duplex, the following steps are required:
- Launch the PowerP2V Client
- In the Server view, drag and drop the source server to the target virtual host. The PlateSpin PowerP2V Conversion screen should be displayed.
- Under Job Configuration, click on "Advanced"
- Ensure that "Custom" is selected under the Source Server section on the left hand pane
- Click on the "Configure" button
- Under the NIC tab, check the "Force NIC to Full Duplex" box and click on "Ok"
- Click on "Ok" to apply the changes and proceed with the conversion
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact email@example.com.