This article outlines information on how to manually undiscover a server in cases where:
- The PowerP2V Server may no longer be able to connect or access a previously discovered source/target server.
- The previously discovered source/target server no longer exists
- Problems with the original credentials that were used to discover the source/target server
Applies to: PowerP2V V4.0 and higher
Note: The following steps should only be performed by the PowerP2V System Administrator. Also, creating a backup of the PowerP2V Database is strongly recommended before proceeding with the instructions below. Please contact PlateSpin support if you have any questions before proceeding.
To manually undiscover the source/target server, please use the following steps:
- Navigate to the C:\Program Files\PlateSpin PowerP2V Server\bin directory
- Launch the PowerP2VBrowser utility by double clicking on PowerP2VBrowser.exe
- Click on the "Go" button
- Expand the Networks branch
- Expand the Default branch and also the Machines branch underneath it
- You should now see the list of machines that were previously discovered
- Right click on the machine that you wish to undiscover and click on "Delete"
- Close the PowerP2VBrowser
- Re-launch the PowerP2V Client. The deleted machine should now be undiscovered from the PowerP2V Server.