This article outlines how to install the VMware GSX Server VmCOM API on the PowerP2V server. This API is necessary in order to discover and convert to GSX Servers.
- PlateSpin PowerP2V 3.6 (and higher)
- The VMware GSX Server Windows Client package installer .exe contains the COM API. The Windows client package installer is available on both the GSX Windows and GSX Linux download pages on VMware's website. Contact VMware for more information about obtaining the API installer if you can not download it.
- Another alternative is to download the GSX Server Windows Client Package installer from the login page of the GSX Management UI.
- Once the COM API has been obtained, proceed to install it on the PowerP2V server. You will not be able to discover any GSX servers until the API is installed on the PowerP2V server.
- Ensure that the VmCOM API is also installed on the target GSX Server that you are converting to.