PlateSpin support is currently tracking an issue related to slow file transfer speeds in PowerP2V. This issue appears to be caused by networks that do not use auto negotiation. If you have not done so already please, contact support if you feel that you are seeing this problem.
- Very slow transfer speeds at step 6 of a conversion
- Conversion jobs failing or going into a not responding state while on step six
- Change the port settings to use âAutoâ for speed and duplex negotiation
**PowerP2V v3.6.1 and higher now has the ability to set the network adapter speed to 100 Mbit Full Duplex within the GUI. Please see the link below to the Knowledge Base article called "Configure PowerP2V to use 100/Full Duplex Settings". The fix below applies only to PowerP2V v3.6
If port configurations can not be altered please obtain the fix for this issue (see below). Otherwise, contact PlateSpin Technical Support and please supply the following information so that the appropriate fix can be made available to you:
Step 1 - This only applies to Windows 2000 and 2003 source machines (Skip this step if your source server is Windows NT 4.0)
- Download devcon from Microsoft's web site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=311272
- Once you have downloaded the devcon utility onto your source server, open a dos prompt and execute the following command:
devcon find pci\* > pci.txt
- This command will create a pci.txt file with the information the developer requires. Please include this file with your reply.
- Using the PowerP2V client send the support information database. See the related article at the bottom for more information on how to do this. You should not send the support information if you are currently running any jobs.
- Email the pci.txt file to email@example.com
Instructions on how to download and apply the fix (updated image.ofx):
- Using your PlateSpin account information, download the fix from the PlateSpin website: http://www.platespin.com/downloads/downloaddetails.aspx?fid=84
- Backup the current \Program Files\PlateSpin PowerP2V Server\Dependencies\image.ofx file by renaming it to image.ofx.bak
- Once the appropriate image.ofx has been downloaded, copy this file to the \Program Files\PlateSpin PowerP2V Server\Dependencies directory
- Re-try the conversion after the updated image.ofx has been applied and report the results to firstname.lastname@example.org