NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
AMAdmin_DBHealth is generating a false positive stating the Management Service is not connected to the repository event though an SP_WHO2 or SQL Activity monitor shows it is running and connected.
To update the DSN within the ODBC tool:
- Launch the ODBC Data Source Administrator
- On 32bit systems you can use Start > Administrative Tools > Datasources ODBC
- On 64bit systems, you should launch the tool from %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
- Click on QDBms, then click the Configure button, then click Next
- If the DSN is configured for Windows, click Next otherwise provide a SQL username and password with access to the QDB then click Next
- Make sure the checkbox for "Change the default database to:" is checked
- From the dropdown select your QDB
- Click Next, Finish then OK
- Restart the NetIQ AppManager Management Service
The issue should now be resolved.
This occurs because the default database for the Management Service's DSN, QDBms, is set for a database other than the QDB.
Formerly known as NETIQKB73394