NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
NetIQ AppManager 8.0
NetIQ AppManager Hotfix 73278
NetIQ AppManager Hotfix 72794
NetIQ AppManager Hotfix 72040
NetIQ AppManager Hotfix 71992
NetIQ AppManager Hotfix 71583
NetIQ Update MG Server-Membership QDB SQL Job Is Slow
Remote Computers from the AppManager Proxy Events Folder Not Displayed in Dynamic Views
Changes to Monitoring Policies Not Applied to Policy-based Jobs
Web Console Displays Incorrect Event Count
Incorrect Timestamp on Acknowledged Events Sent to Netcool from AppManager
Minutely QDB SQL Job Fails after Deleting a Server from Control Center
Parent Events Incorrectly Indicate that Commented Child Events Exist
Actions Do Not Execute after Updating Knowledge Scripts from BasicScript to VBScript
Monitoring Policy Actions Do Not Run on All Cluster Nodes
Stored Procedures Missing after Installing AppManager 7 Platform Update
Create Job Activity Cannot Create Jobs for Objects With Names that Exceed 40 Characters
Why Install This Hotfix?
This hotfix resolves the following QDB issues:
- Changes to Knowledge Script Group Properties Not Propagated to Running Jobs
This hotfix resolves an issue where AppManager fails to propagate changes to the properties of Knowledge Script Groups to the running jobs that are associated with the groups. (ENG263643)
- NetIQ Update MG Server-Membership QDB SQL Job Is Slow
This hotfix resolves an issue where the NetIQ Update MG Server-Membership QDB SQL job takes at least 30 minutes to complete. (ENG275475)
- Remote Computers from the AppManager Proxy Events Folder Not Displayed in Dynamic Views
This hotfix resolves an issue where dynamic views that you create based on rules that use the NT_MachineFolder object type do not include remote computers from the AppManager Proxy Events folder, even though the Master view includes the remote computers. (ENG278457)
- Changes to Monitoring Policies Not Applied to Policy-based Jobs
This hotfix resolves an issue where AppManager fails to apply changes you make to monitoring policies to the running policy-based jobs. (ENG280316)
- Web Console Displays Incorrect Event Count
This hotfix resolves an issue where the total count of open events in the Web console is greater than the number of events shown in the individual event views. (ENG285576)
- Incorrect Timestamp on Acknowledged Events Sent to Netcool from AppManager
This hotfix resolves an issue where instead of using the current time when you acknowledge an event, AppManager uses the timestamp from the original event. As a result, when AppManager forwards the events to a connector such as the AppManager Connector for Micromuse Netcool/OMNIbus, both the open event and the acknowledged event have the same timestamp. (ENG287090)
- Minutely QDB SQL Job Fails after Deleting a Server from Control Center
This hotfix resolves an issue where deleting a server from Control Center causes the Minutely QDB SQL job to fail until the Daily QDB SQL job runs. (ENG301603)
- Parent Events Incorrectly Indicate that Commented Child Events Exist
This hotfix resolves an issue where parent events incorrectly indicate that child events with comments exist after you close and archive the commented child events. (ENG302079)
- Actions Do Not Execute after Updating Knowledge Scripts from BasicScript to VBScript
This hotfix resolves an issue that occurs when you update a Knowledge Script that includes an action from BasicScript to VBScript and propagate the changes. After you propagate the changes, the Action tab for the associated event indicates that the action is in progress, but the action does not execute. (ENG305621)
- Monitoring Policy Actions Do Not Run on All Cluster Nodes
This hotfix resolves an issue that occurs when you apply a monitoring policy that includes an action to a cluster. AppManager creates a monitoring policy job on each cluster node, but only includes the action on one of the jobs. (ENG309033)
- Stored Procedures Missing after Installing AppManager 7 Platform Update
This hotfix resolves an issue where the following stored procedures are missing after you install the AppManager 7 Platform Update, resulting in Cache Manager errors: (ENG315866)
- Create Job Activity Cannot Create Jobs for Objects With Names that Exceed 40 Characters
This hotfix resolves an issue where the Create Job activity in the NetIQ AppManager Integration Adapter product (AppManager Integration Adapter) fails to create jobs for objects with names that exceed 40 characters. (ENG317569)
With this hotfix, AppManager no longer supports QDBs hosted on Microsoft SQL Server 2000. You must host QDBs on one of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 or later (32- or 64-bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1 or later (32- or 64-bit)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (32- or 64-bit)
Contents of the Download Package
The download package contains the following files, which are used by the hotfix setup program unless otherwise noted:
- AM704_QDB_HF73384_Setup.exe, the hotfix setup program.
- AM704_ReadMe73384.htm, this readme.
- Setup Files, a folder that contains AM704_QDB_HF73384_QDBSetup.exe, the QDB setup program. The hotfix setup program automatically runs this file to update the QDB.
Installing This Hotfix
To install this hotfix, run AM704_QDB_HF73384_Setup.exe for all QDB computers. You can install this hotfix either locally or from a remote computer.
To install this hotfix to a clustered QDB, run AM704_QDB_HF73384_Setup.exe from a remote computer. Enter the SQL Virtual Server name in the SQL Server Name field and the SQL Virtual Server QDB name in the Repository field.
This hotfix creates or appends to the following logs:
- PATCH.log, which records all events that occur during the installation process.
- PATCH.err, which the hotfix installer creates if it cannot create PATCH.log.
When you run the hotfix setup program from a computer where AppManager components already exist, this hotfix creates or appends PATCH.log to the default folder NetIQ\AppManager\Temp\NetIQ_Debug on the computer from which you run the setup program. If AppManager components do not already exist on the computer from which you run the setup program, this hotfix writes PATCH.log to the folder that the installation account environment variable %TEMP% specifies.
This hotfix modifies the following stored procedures in the QDB:
This hotfix modifies the following function in the QDB:
Multiple known issues in the AppManager Repository and Control Center