Installation error: Exception thrown during initialization: System.InvalidOperationException: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
This Microsoft Knowledge Base article (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911722 ) provides a detail description of walk-around solution for this issue, according to the Knowledge Base article, we may need to modify web.config manually:
1. In a text editor such as Notepad, open the application-level Web.config file.
2. In the Web.config file, locate the <system.web> section.
3. Add the following <machineKey> section to in the <system.web> section:
<machineKey validationKey="AutoGenerate,IsolateApps" decryptionKey="AutoGenerate,IsolateApps" validation="3DES" decryption="3DES"/>
4. Save the Web.config file.
5. Restart the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) service. To do this, run the following command at a command prompt:
Important: Theoretically, the 3DES algorithm is less secure than the AES (Rijindael) algorithm. We recommend that you use the AES algorithm whenever possible to help secure your system.
The problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
1. The HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\fipsalgorithmpolicy registry subkey is set to 1.
2. ASP.NET 2.0 uses the RijndaelManaged implementation of the AES algorithm when it processes view state data. The ReindaelManaged implementation has not been certified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as compliant with the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS). Therefore, the AES algorithm is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.