Embed a PowerPoint Presentation in to an HTML document.
Launching a PowerPoint presentation from within a VPC created HTML document.
How to get a PowerPoint presentation to automatically launch when a policy is selected by a user?
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
- Create a new VigilEnt Policy Center HTML Document
- Give the Policy a name and an Author
- Click on the HTML button within the editor
- Paste the following HTML Code in between the <head> and </head> lines in the document
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0; URL=file://<IP Address>/<path to PPT file>">
- Click Update
- Enter some text in to the body of the document (i.e. The Presentation Will Load Momentarily)
- Save the Document
- View the Document and ensure that the file launches correctly
If you do not wish to include a Hyperlink in your HTML document to launch a PowerPoint presentation, this is an alternative to that process.
Considerations need to be made before opting to have a PowerPoint presentation automatically launch when a user selects to review a policy. The PowerPoint presentation must physically reside on a public file share, that all users that will view this document have read permission to. You may also need to add this location to the users Trusted Sites within Internet Explorer to avoid the user being prompted to do so. Depending on your current security settings in Internet Explorer, the user may still be prompted to allow the file to be downloaded, as well as prompted to launch the presentation. You can alleviate all of these pop ups or prompts through modifying the Internet Explorer settings.