In order to properly configure the NetIQ Aegis 2.2 Exchange Adapter to monitor a mail box for email events, please follow the process below:
- Ensure that the Exchange Server is in the same domain as the Aegis Server. If the two servers are not in the same domain, the Exchange Server will not recognize the Exchange Adapter credentials.
- Create an Exchange account for the service account that is running the NetIQ Aegis Namespace Provider.
- Log on to the Aegis Server as the service account that is running the NetIQ Aegis Namespace Provider service.
- Install Microsoft Outlook (if not already installed) on the NetIQ Aegis Server running the NetIQ Aegis Namespace Provider Service.
- Configure the default profile, typically named Outlook, to the Exchange account for the service account running the NetIQ Aegis Namespace Provider service.
- NetIQ recommends that you only use the default Outlook profile with the Exchange Adapter. If you need to monitor more than one account, you can associate additional mailboxes with the Outlook profile. For more information on monitoring multiple mailboxes, please see the NetIQ Aegis Administrators Guide "Monitoring Multiple Mailboxes" on page 39.
- While still logged in to the Aegis server as the service account running the NetIQ Aegis Namespace Provider, start Outlook.
- In the configuration wizard, ensure the following values are set:
- E-mail Accounts : Yes
- Manually configure server settings or additional server types (2007 only) : On
- Server Type (2003) Choose E-mail Service (2007) : Microsoft Exchange Server (2003) or Microsoft Exchange (2007)
- Microsoft Exchange Server: The name of the Exchange Server, such as ExchServ01.
- Use Cached Exchange Mode : Off
- User Name : The name of the mailbox set up for the NetIQ Aegis Namespace Provider service account.
- If the Aegis Server belongs to a cluster, repeat steps 6 and 7 on each node of the cluster.
- While logged in as the Service Account running the NetIQ Aegis Namespace Provider, launch the Aegis Adapter Configuration Utility.
- Right click on Email Accounts.
- Select Add E-Mail Account.
- Provide a description for the E-mail account in the description field.
- Ensure that the Monitor Microsoft Exchange Server accounts, radio button is selected.
- Please note that you will not be able to use the Test Email Connection button to verify the connection.
- Click off of the newly created Email Account and select Aegis Configuration.
- Select Exit.
- Choose Yes to save your changes to the NetIQ Aegis Adapter Configuration Utility.
- You will be prompted to restart the NetIQ Aegis Namespace Provider Service.
- Restart the NetIQ Aegis Namespace Provider Service.
- Send a test email to the profile account.
- Log in to the NetIQ Aegis Operations Console, and select the Events tab.
- Wait to ensure that the test email message that you sent appears in the events view.