Security Manager 6.0.X
Security Manager 6.5.X
Trying to install SQL Reporting, hoever the option will not allow it to be selected.
- Click Start, and then click Server Manager.
- In Server Manager, right-click Manage Roles, and then click Add roles. The Add Roles Wizard starts.
- In the Add Roles Wizard, click Select Server Roles.
- On the Select Server Roles page, click to select the Web Server (IIS) check box, and then click Next.
Note Because of role dependency, the File Server check box is automatically selected when you click to select the Web Server (IIS) check box.
- On the Role Services page, expand Common HTTP Features, and then click to select the following check boxes:
- Static Content
- Default Document
- Directory Browsing
- HTTP Errors
- HTTP Redirection
- Expand Application Development, and then click to select the ASP.NET check box.
Note If you are prompted to add required role services, click OK.
- Expand Security, and then click to select the Windows Authentication check box.
- Expand Management Tools, expand IIS 6 Management Capability, and then click to select the following check boxes:
- IIS Metabase Compatibility
- IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
- IIS 6 Scripting Tools
- IIS 6 Management Console
- Click Next, and then click Install.
- Note If you do not enable all these features, the Reporting Services option does not appear in the Feature Selection dialog box of the SQL Server Setup program.
- Verify that the World Wide Web Publishing service is started. If the World Wide Web Publishing service is not started, configure the service to start automatically. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, click System and Maintenance.
- Click Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Services.
- In the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
- Right-click World Wide Web Publishing Service, and then click Properties.
- In the World Wide Web Publishing Service Properties dialog box, select Automatic in the Startup type list.
- Click Apply, click Start, and then click OK.
Configure a server role and enable ASP.NET and IIS. To do this, follow these steps:
Note If you are installting 32 bit Reporting services in a 64 bit environment, refer to the following Knowledge base article: For more information about how to install a 32-bit version of the reporting services on a 64-bit operating system, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
934162 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934162/ ) How to install a 32-bit version of SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services on a computer that is running a 64-bit version of Windows