NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
NetIQ AppManager for HP System Insight Manager (CIM)
CIM_NICFail and CIM_NICError Knowledge Scripts report errors when run on objects with virtual interfaces .
Cannot report data from some jobs using NetIQ Analysis Center.
Why Install this Release?
This release of AppManager for HP Systems Insight Manager resolves the following issues:
- Discovery fails when RIB battery serial number is invalid. This release addresses an issue where the SNMP query to obtain the serial number of a Routing Information Base (RIB) battery returns an invalid character, which causes the discovery job to fail with the error A string literal was not enclosed. With this release, the discovery handles the invalid character and completes successfully. (ENG304029)
- CIM_NICFail and CIM_NICError Knowledge Scripts report errors when run on objects with virtual interfaces. This release addresses an issue where Discovery_CIM discovered interfaces not associated with NIC cards, called virtual interfaces, which are provided in Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. CIM_NICFail and CIM_NICError Knowledge Script jobs that run on these virtual interface objects report errors due to the fact that a NIC card must be present for those Knowledge Scripts to run and report useful information. With this release, discovering the virtual interfaces is optional. The behavior of the module changes with this release by only monitoring physical interfaces by default. If you want to display virtual interfaces in the TreeView, set the Discovery_CIM Discover only physical interfaces? parameter to no. If the parameter is set to yes, extra objects might appear in the console TreeView with null or undefined labels. These extra objects do not interfere with the way the module works. After you install this release, you must recreate any CIM_NICFail and CIM_NICError jobs on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 computers. (ENG305056)
- Cannot report data from some jobs using NetIQ Analysis Center. This release addresses an issue where Analysis Center did not display data from some Knowledge Scripts. (ENG310753)
To get the updates provided in this release, you must install the module to the repository (QDB) and then propagate changes to any running jobs for the following Knowledge Scripts.
AppManager 7.x does not automatically update renamed or copied Knowledge Scripts. For more information, see the "Upgrading Knowledge Script Jobs" section in the management guide.
For the most recently updated list of supported application versions, see the AppManager Supported Products page. Unless noted otherwise, this module supports all updates, hotfixes, and service packs for the releases listed below.
AppManager for HP SIM has the following system requirements:
- AppManager version 7.0 or later installed on the AppManager repository (QDB) computer, on the HP SIM computers you want to monitor (agents), and on all console computers
Note Support for Windows Server 2008 requires AppManager Windows Agent hotfix 71704 or later. For more information, see the AppManager Suite Hotfixes Web page.
- One of the following Microsoft operating systems installed on the agent computers:
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 (32- and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (32- and 64-bit)
- One of the following versions of the HP Insight Management Agent installed on the agent computers:
- AppManager for Microsoft Windows module installed on the AppManager repository (QDB) computer, on the HP SIM computers you want to monitor (agents), and on all console computers
Note Support for Windows Server 2008 R2 on AppManager 7.x requires the AppManager for Windows module, version 184.108.40.206 or later. For more information, see the AppManager Module Upgrades & Trials page.