- 7.1 UNIX Agent
- Security Manager UNIX
- Secure Configuration Manager UNIX
You can install this hotfix using UNIX Agent Manager, or you can install manually on the local computer where you installed the UNIX agent.
To install this hotfix using UNIX Agent Manager:
- In the UNIX Agent Manager console, click Agent Manager.
- Click Hosts > Scan All Hosts to verify all agents are active and registered.
- Click Hosts > Patch Mgr.
- Click Load.
- Select the p71p29.zip file and click Open.
- Select the computers where you want to install this hotfix.
- Select 220.127.116.11 as the patch to install.
- Click Next.
- Click Begin Install.
- Verify successful installation in the results window.
To install this hotfix manually:
- Unzip the file p71p29.zip.
- Copy the /unix/data/updates/<operating system>/p71p29.tar file for your operating system and the /unix/data/updates/P71P29/wcPatch file to the PSHOME/netiq/bin directory on the computer where you want to install the hotfix. You can find the value for PSHOME in the /etc/vsaunix.cfg file on the target computer.
- Log on to the computer where you want to install the hotfix.
- Run the su command to switch to the root user account.
- Change to the PSHOME/netiq/bin directory.
- Run the command ./wcPatch APPLY p71p29.tar 18.104.22.168 /tmp. You can use an alternate directory for temporary files by replacing /tmp with the directory you want to use.
- Resolves an issue where Security Manager logs an excessive number of ...alert_agent cannot open alert files...because the limit of 10240 has been reached. messages, filling syslog, when the Central Computer stops on some very active agents. (ENG302253)
- Resolves an issue where Security Manager logs an excessive number of ./alert_agent: Invalid alert meta data - no alert length messages in syslog. (ENG303720)
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact NetIQ technical support.