Which folders and directories used by DRA should be omitted from Virus Scanning software?
Are there folders that should be excluded from active virus scanning that are used by DRA?
The following directories and folders used by DRA should be omitted or excluded from active virus scanning software:
- DRA installation folder (i.e. ...\Program Files\NetIQ\DRA)
- Log Archive Data folder (i.e. ...\Program Files\NetIQ\DRA\NetIQLogArchiveData)
- DRA log folders (i.e. Service log, DOM file log, ARM Console log, Web Console log, ADSI Script log, Core Service log, Log Archive log)
- Note: The location of these logs can vary, since the location is configurable using the DRADiagnotsticUtil.exe. Use the DRADiagnosticUtil.exe to determine the current location of each of these logs.
- ADAM folder (i.e. ...\Program Files\NetIQ\DRA\DRASecureStorageXXXXX)
- Note: The ADAM folder will be named after the instance name provided during install. The default naming convention is listed above where "xxxxx" is typically a random 5-digit number. If a custom ADAM instance name was provided, then the directory named after that instance should be omitted.
- DRA DOM files (i.e. ...\Program Files\NetIQ\DRA\DomFiles)
- Web Console files (i.e. ...\inetpub\wwwroot\DRAWeb)