NetIQ Analysis Center 2.7.x
Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2
This can occur when a user is an administrator with UAC enable or disabled.
To resolve this issue use the 'Run as...' funtion built into windows. This can be accomplished in the following ways:
- Right click on the executable and goto 'Run as...'
- Enter your administrator username and password and click OK.
- The executable will now run as an administrator and the installation will complete successfully.
- Right click on the command prompt shortcut and select 'Run as Administrator'
- A command prompt will open with administrative priveleges.
- If you are installing from an .MSI, execute the .MSI package using the following method:
- msiexec /i <packagename.msi>
- If you are installing from a .EXE, simply type the executable name and press return.
- The installation will now run as an administrator and the installaion will complete successfully.
Due to increased user security in Windows Server 2008R2 the Analysis Center installation may not have the required permissions when during installation if it is simply run from the command line or installed by double clicking the executable.