- NetIQ AppManager
- NetIQ UNIX Agent 7.1
Installing This Hotfix
You can install this Hotfix using UNIX Agent Manager, or you can install manually on the local computer where you installed the UNIX agent.
To install this Hotfix using UNIX Agent Manager:
- In the UNIX Agent Manager console, click Agent Manager.
- Click Hosts > Scan All Hosts to verify all agents are active and registered.
- Click Hosts > Patch Mgr.
- Click Load.
- Select the p71p31.zip file and click Open.
- Select the computers where you want to install this Hotfix.
- Select 18.104.22.168 as the patch to install.
- Click Next.
- Click Begin Install.
- Verify successful installation in the results window.
To install this Hotfix manually:
- Unzip the file p71p31.zip.
- Copy the /unix/data/updates//p71p31.tar file for your operating system and the /unix/data/updates/P71P31/wcPatch file to the PSHOME/netiq/bin directory on the computer where you want to install the Hotfix. You can find the value for PSHOME in the /etc/vsaunix.cfg file on the target computer.
- Log on to the computer where you want to install the Hotfix.
- Run the su command to switch to the root user account.
- Change to the PSHOME/netiq/bin directory.
- Run the command ./wcPatch APPLY p71p31.tar 22.214.171.124 /tmp. You can use an alternate directory for temporary files by replacing /tmp with the directory you want to use.
This Hotfix resolves the following issues:
- Resolves an issue where the UNIX agent does not monitor rsyslog unless you manually created a symlink. After you install this Hotfix, the UNIX agent monitors a basic rsyslog.conf file without a symlink.
- Resolves an issue on Solaris platforms where the CPULoaded Knowledge Script sometimes causes the agent to stop unexpectedly. (ENG298429)
- Resolves an issue where sending a SIGHUP signal to the agent process sometimes causes the agent to stop responding or stop unexpectedly. (ENG305668)
- Resolves an issue on multiple-processor computers where the Management Server unexpectedly stops a job on the agent computer. This problem occurs because the agent omits the job from the list of running jobs sent to the Management Server when the job completed an iteration while the job sync is in progress. (ENG259790)
If you have any questions, feel free to contact NetIQ technical support.