Directory & Resource Administrator 8.5 SP1
Directory & Resource Administrator 8.6
Why does DRA no longer write events to the Application Event log?
By default, Directory & Resource Administrator (DRA) versions 8.5 and later no longer write audit changes made by Administrators to the Windows Application Event Logs. While basic service events are still recorded, change history type events are now written to an internal database that is more secure. To re-enable DRA to also write these events to the Windows Application Event Log again, perform the following steps:
- Open regedit and browse to the following registry key:
- \Software\Mission Critical Software\OnePoint\Administration\Modules\ServerConfiguration
- Create a new DWORD key and name it: IsNTAuditEnabled
- Give the key a value of 1.
- Restart the NetIQ Administration Service.
This registry change is not replicated amongst all DRA servers as part of the MMS sync. This change will need to be made to each DRA server that the event logging is desired to be re-enabled on.