NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2
"Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
If you are running Windows Server 2008 or 2008 R2, you must run the installation program with administrative privileges. To run the installation program with administrative privileges:
- From the Start menu, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as.
- Select the administrator account and enter the password, then click OK.
- On the command line, type the command provided below:
- msiexec /i "path to NetIQ AppManager agent.msi" /lv "Windows_Installer.log"
- Windows_Installer.log is the path to the Windows installer log file. For example, "C:\Windows_Installer.log".
- Option /L*v enables verbose output to the Windows installer log file.
- Install the AppManager for Windows module version 7.6.209 or later on the computer where you installed or upgraded the agent, the AppManager repository computer, and the Control Center computer.
- Discover the new or upgraded agent and update the Knowledge Scripts for the AppManager for Windows module on the Operator Console computer by running the Discovery_NT Knowledge Script (This is only required if the Discovery does not run automatically).
In the case of Windows Server 2008R2 the installation is blocked regardless of UAC and you will receive a DLL error during installation.