NetIQ AppManager 6.x
NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
NetIQ AppManager Operator Console
The goal of this How-To is to allow a user to drop a ksg onto a management group, then make individual exclusions as needed.
In our example we are going to use a Knowledge Script Group called KSG_NT. In our example the user would like to not monitor memory on specific machines. We will perform these steps in the NetIQ AppManager Operator Console.
- User has 4 computers in a Server Group named Windows Server Group.
- User has 1 KSG that they are going to apply called KSG_NT
- KSG_NT Contains the 3 following scripts:
- Drag and drop KSG_NT onto the Windows Server Group.
- In the Properties for Knowledge Script Group members perform the following:
- Select the script that you want to exclude a member on
- Select the Objects... button
- In the Properties for NT_MemUtil
- Expand the Computer(s) you want to exclude
- Deselect the object you want to exclude, in this case Memory
- Click OK
- Repeat Steps 2 & 3 for each script you want to exclude a computer on.
Once you click OK and submit the jobs you will see that the KS has been excluded on specific items. In the case of the NT_MemUtil from the above example the KS will not be running on all 4 objects based on selection of objects.