NetIQ UNIX Agent 7.1
* Agent stops sending data if character locale of the source differs from agent locale. (ENG288960)
* A non-root account installed the UNIX agent, but only the root account can change communication parameters. (ENG289365)
Apply Hotfix 72411 to your UNIX systems monitored by the 7.1 UNIX Agent.
You can install this hotfix using UNIX Agent Manager, or you can install manually on the local computer where you installed the UNIX agent.
To install this hotfix using UNIX Agent Manager:
- In the UNIX Agent Manager console, click Agent Manager.
- Click Hosts> Scan All Hosts to verify all agents are active and registered.
- Click Hosts> Patch Mgr.
- Click Load.
- Select the
p71p15.zipfile and click Open.
- Select the computers where you want to install this hotfix.
22.214.171.124as the patch to install.
- Click Next.
- Click Begin Install.
- Verify successful installation in the results window.
To install this hotfix manually:
- Unizip the file
- Copy the
/unix/data/updates/<operating system>/p71p15.tarfile for your operating system and the
/unix/data/updates/P71P15/wcPatchfile to the
PSHOME/netiq/bindirectory on the computer where you want to install the hotfix. You can find the value for PSHOME in the
/etc/vsaunix.cfgfile on the target computer.
- Log on to the computer where you want to install the hotfix.
- Run the
sucommand to switch to the root user account.
- Change to the
- Run the command
./wcPatch APPLY p71p15.tar 126.96.36.199 /tmp. You can use an alternate directory for temporary files by replacing
/tmpwith the directory you want to use.