Security Manager 6.0 SP3, SP4
Security Manager 6.5.x
To move temporary index processing see the following steps:
- Log into your Log Archive Server.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Browse to the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NetIQ\Security Manager
- Open the following file:
- Inside the LogArchiveConfiguration.config, look for the section listed below:
<Property name="IndexJobCount" value="0" />
<Property name="MaxIndexMemory" value="1024" />
<Property name="AutoCommitIntervalMB" value="0" />
<Property name="FieldDelimiterCharacter" value="|" />
<Property name="MinAutoCommitIntervalMinutes" value="30" />
<Property name="MaxAutoCommitIntervalMinutes" value="60" />
<Property name="IndexJobCountLimit" value="16" />
<Property name="MaxIndexerRestartsIn24HoursBeforeShutdown" value="5" />
<Property name="DefragmentOnClose" value="false" />
<Property name="DeleteIndexOnVerificationFailure" value="true" />
<Property name="IndexJobTempDirectory" value="" />
<Property name="MaxOutstandingIndexFiles" value="25000" />
- The Property name that we need to modify is IndexJobTempDirectory. See the following example:
<Property name="IndexJobTempDirectory" value="E:\LogArchiveIndexProcessing\"
- Save your changes to the LogArchiveConfiguration.config.
- Create the directory for the path entered as the value. (This directory will not be created automatically by the Log Archive Service)
- Restart the Log Archive Service.
There are situations, either due to performance or drive space concerns, that could require the temporary index processing is moved to another location in the file system.
- Maximum space requirements for the Log Archive Temporary Index processing is 32 Gigabits per indexing process. By default, we start one indexing process per CPU core. If you have 4 instances of the Log Archive Indexer processes, you could need up to 128 Gigabits of storage in the location that temporary indexing resides.
- If the Log Archive Service does not restart after adjusting the LogArchiveConfiguration.config, verify that the value entered is encapsulated by double quotes.
- If you are moving the data index processing location because if high disk IO issues, make sure to move it to a drive that is located on a different hard disk array.