At this time, PTFs 1C04025 & 1C04026 must be applied at the same time. If you try to apply these PTFs seperately, they will not get applied. There are currently two coverletters because PTF 1C04025 might get superceded in the future.
Sending the PTF save file to the iSeries server:
1. The attached files are 5,106,816 bytes (approximately 4.87 MB) for 1C04025 and 819,456 bytes (approximately 800 KB) for 1C04026. Contact NetIQ if the file attachments you receive are not the same size. We will send you another copy by e-mail.
2. Save q1c04025.svf and q1c04026.svf to your personal computer (PC). The files are save files containing PTF 1C04025 & 1C04026.
3. Copy the file from the PC to the iSeries server using FTP:
Tip: It may be helpful to use copy/paste functions of the PC to reduce keystroke errors.
a) Open a new DOS or command window.
b) Type the following command substituting the name of the iSeries server for [system-name]. You can also use the iSeries IP (internet address) instead of the system name. You can find the address using the iSeries command ?GO TCPADM?, select option 7, and then option 1.
c) Type a user ID at the FTP prompt and press Enter.
d) Type the password at the FTP prompt and press Enter.
e) Type the following commands to create the save files if they do not exist on your iSeries server:
quote rcmd crtsavf qgpl/q1c04025
quote rcmd crtsavf qgpl/q1c04026
f) Type the following command to transfer the file using binary image mode:
g) Type the following command, where [path] is the folder where you saved the file in step 2:
(example: lcd c:\ )
h) Type the command to transfer the files from the PC to the iSeries:
put q1c04025.svf qgpl/q1c04025
put q1c04026.svf qgpl/q1c04026
i) Type the command to end FTP:
j) Type the command to close the DOS window:
Applying the PTFs
1. Sign on to the iSeries server using the QSECOFR user profile or as a user with a user class of *SECOFR. On an iSeries command line, enter the commands listed in each of the following steps.
2. Verify that the system value for QALWOBJRST is *ALL or *ALWPGMADP.
3. Stop the subsystem ZPSE if it is active:
ENDSBS SBS(ZPSE) OPTION(*IMMED)
4. Ensure subsystem ZPSE has ended. You can verify that the subsystem has ended issuing the following command:
5. On the iSeries server, execute the following command to load the PTF on your system:
LODPTF LICPGM(1PSC001) DEV(*SAVF) SELECT(1C04025) SAVF(QGPL/Q1C04025)
6. On the iSeries server, execute the following command to load the PTF on your system:
LODPTF LICPGM(1PSC001) DEV(*SAVF) SELECT(1C04026) SAVF(QGPL/Q1C04026)
7. On the iSeries server, issue the following command to apply the PTF to your system: APYPTF LICPGM(1PSC001) SELECT(1C04025 1C04026) APY(*TEMP)
This PTF is not delay capable.
8. Start the subsystem ZPSE:
9. Sign off.
Are there any special instructions for PTFs 1C04025 & 1C04026?