NetIQ 5.6 UNIX Agent
* Resolves an Issue with Secure Configuration Manager Unnecessarily Reporting on Dropped Tablespaces The Users' tablespace quota security check no longer reports violations on tablespaces that have been dropped. (ENG276966)
* Resolves an Issue with Counting Password Usage When evaluating the maximum password reuse before applying this Hotfix, the Password profiles security check incorrectly calculated the maximum password reuse parameter by reporting an alert when the password was reused the maximum number of times. After you apply this Hotfix, the new Password profiles security check reports an alert when then password reuse exceeds the maximum you enter for the parameter. (ENG276964)
* Resolves an Issue with Case Senstivity for ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS The Oracle listener ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS parameter setting security check now accepts ADMIN_RESTRICTION in lower case (admin_restriction) or in mixed case. (ENG273790)
* Resolves an Issue with Verifying Redo Logs The Redo log verification security check now correctly reports information for redo log groups. (ENG273427)
Installing This Hotfix
To apply this Hotfix, you must install a patch to the agent and install new checks to Secure Configuration Manager. You can install this patch manually on the local computer where the agent is installed, or you can install this Hotfix using UNIX Manager.
To install the UNIX agent patch using UNIX Manager:
1. In the UNIX Manager console, click Manage Agents.
2. Click Hosts > Scan All Hosts to verify all agents are active and registered.
3. Click Hosts > Patch Mgr.
4. Click Load.
5. Select the p56p24.zip file and click Open.
6. Select the computers where you want to install this Hotfix.
7. Select 184.108.40.206 as the patch to install.
8. Click Apply.
9. Click Start.
10. Verify successful installation in the results window.
To install the UNIX agent patch manually:
1. Unzip p56p24.zip.
2. Copy the /unix/data/updates//p56p24.tar file for your operating system to the PSHOME/vsaunix//bin directory on the computer where you want to install the Hotfix. You can find the value for PSHOME in the /etc/vsaunix.cfg file on the target computer.
3. Login to the computer where you want to install the Hotfix.
4. Run the su command to switch to the root user account.
5. Change to the PSHOME/vsaunix//bin directory.
6. Run the command ./wcPatch APPLY p56p24.tar 220.127.116.11 /tmp. You can use an alternate directory for temporary files by replacing /tmp with the directory you want to use.