The AMPP KS, or any ks calling an invalid performance counter, will result in a crash on the 7.1 UNIX Agent under AIX.
You can install this Hotfix manually on the local computer where the agent is installed, or you can install this Hotfix using UNIX Agent Manager.
To install this Hotfix using UNIX Agent Manager:
- In the UNIX Agent Manager console, click Agent Manager.
- Click Hosts > Scan All Hosts to verify all agents are active and registered.
- Click Hosts > Patch Mgr.
- If you use UNIX Agent Manager to manage both 7.1 and 5.6 versions of the UNIX agent, click 7.1 Agents.
- Click Load.
- Select the p71p9.zip file and click Open.
- Select the computers where you want to install this Hotfix.
- Select 184.108.40.206 as the patch to install.
- Click Next.
- Click Begin Install.
- Verify successful installation in the results window.
To install this Hotfix manually:
- Unzip p71p9.zip.
- Copy the p71p9.tar file for your operating system and the /unix/data/updates/P71P9/wcPatch file to the PSHOME/netiq/bin directory on the computer where you want to apply the Hotfix. You can find the value for PSHOME in the /etc/vsaunix.cfg file on the target computer.
- Login to the computer where you want to apply the Hotfix.
- Run the su command to switch to the root user account.
- Change to the PSHOME/netiq/bin directory.
- Run the command ./wcPatch APPLY p71p9.tar 220.127.116.11 /tmp. You can use an alternate directory for temporary files by replacing /tmp with the directory you want to use.
Please contact us with your questions and comments. We look forward to hearing from you.
This hotfix was superseded by Hotfix 72471