The login dialogue box for SCM does not appear.
A VSOC.exe application error pops up when you try to launch the console.
Error: The instruction at 0x005ac7ac referenced memory at 0x00000004. The memory could not be read
Follow the listed process to reinstall the needed runtime modules that correct this issue:
- Download\copy the ZIP file attached to this KB
- Uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30411
- Reinstall these compments using the modules attached to this KB.
- Launch your SCM console to verify function
If this process does not work also try the steps below.
- On the console machine go to Add\Remove Programs under Control Panel.
- Select NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager
- Then select Change/Remove to remove the Console.
- Once the uninstall is complete then close the Add/Remove console.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the %program files%NetIQ\Secure Configuration Manager\VSOC
- Delete the VSOC folder.
- Reinstall the SCM Console locally on the machine.