Change Guardian for Group Policy 3.5
Why Install This Hotfix?
This hotfix resolves an issue with user permissions. Before you apply this hotfix, to connect to the Change Guardian Service, the Security Manager agent needs a valid, enabled user account for the specified domain. After you apply this hotfix, an enabled user account will no longer be required for monitored domains.
Installing This Hotfix
Perform the following steps to install this hotfix.
To install this hotfix:
- Using an account that is a member of the local Administrators group, run CGGP35000_Hotfix72030.exe on a Security Manager central computer.
- Run the setup program from the root folder of the Change Guardian installation kit.
- Click Begin Production Setup. The setup program verifies a supported version of Security Manager is installed, the Security Manager services are running, and your account has the required permissions.
- Follow the instructions in the setup program until you finish installing Change Guardian.
If you are upgrading Change Guardian for Group Policy, perform the following steps after the installation wizard is complete:
- Start the Security Manager Development Console.
- Expand Development Console in the left pane.
- Expand Configuration, and then click Central Computers.
- Click Action > Scan All Managed Computers, and then click OK on the window.
- Expand Pending Agents, and then select Installation.
The results pane displays a list of agent computers with the pending status of "Upgrade."
- Select each agent computer, and then click Action > Approve.
- Select Installation, and then click Action > Install All Approved Agents Now.
The agent computers should no longer appear in the results pane. You may need to refresh the window.
- Open the Security Manager Control Center and select All Alerts to verify Security Manager received an alert indicating a successful agent upgrade.
Change Guardian for Group Policy supports monitoring Security Manager unmanaged agents. For information about configuration for monitoring unmanaged agents, see the knowledge base article NETIQKB72072.
NetIQ Corporation strives to ensure our products provide quality solutions for your enterprise software needs. The following issue is currently being researched. If you need further assistance with any issue, please contact Technical Support.
Upgrading Change Guardian for Group Policy Can Result in Duplicated Domain Nodes
If you upgrade from Change Guardian for Group Policy 3.0, the Monitored Domains node appears twice in the CGGP Configuration Group. Please contact Technical Support for assistance. (DOC283429)
You can post feedback in the Change Guardian forum on Qmunity, our community Web site that also includes product notifications and blogs.