This hotfix for the Analysis Center product resolves specific previous issues. This document outlines why you should install this hotfix and identifies files modified by the hotfix.
This hotfix replaces Hotfix 71882.
You can post feedback in the Analysis Center forum on Qmunity, our community Web site that also includes product notifications, blogs, and the Analysis Center user group.
Why Install This Hotfix?
This hotfix resolves the following issues:
- Corrects an issue that causes the ETL processing job to fail in step 16 after you apply hotfix 71882.
- Corrects an issue in which Analysis Center fails to load all metrics during the ETL processing job after you apply hotfix 71882. If you applied hotfix 71882, added a new job, and did not see the metrics for that job in Analysis Center, apply this hotfix and then delete and add the job again to ensure that Analysis Center processes the metrics correctly.
- Resolves several issues that cause Analysis Center to display the following message when adding groups:
The trust relationship between the primary domain and the trusted domain failed.
- Resolves an issue in which adding a new data source to Analysis Center when using Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition results in duplicating data in the OLAP cube.
- Improves readability of job history and error logs by lowering the level of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) verbose logging captured in the ETL SQL job. The ETL SQL job now excludes non-critical errors and warnings so that you can easily identify critical errors and warnings in job history and error logs.
This hotfix requires NetIQ Analysis Center 2.7 Service Pack 1.
Installing This Hotfix
Install this hotfix on all computers with the following components:
- Data Extension (installed on a SQL Reporting Services computer)
- Data Warehouse (AC_Warehouse database installed on a SQL Server computer)
- Web Service (installed on an Internet Information Services computer)
- Data Mart computers do not require this hotfix.
To install this hotfix:
- Using an account with administrative privileges, log on to the computer on which you want to install the hotfix.
- Before running this hotfix on the Console component, close all Analysis Center Consoles.
- Run the file AC27SP1_HotFix72012_Setup.exe.
- Follow the wizard instructions.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 on each computer on which Analysis Center components are installed.
This hotfix modifies the following files on Console computers:
- NQACLib.dll (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- NQACReport.dll (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- NQACApp.dll (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- NQACDBConnector.dll (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
This hotfix modifies the following file on Data Extension computers:
- NQACLib.dll (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
This hotfix modifies the following files on Data Warehouse computers:
- NQOLAP.dll (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- XmlCheckInLib.dll (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- isp_GetViewMetrics.sql (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- isp_UpdateViewFact.sql (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- fnc_fGetKSList.sql (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- isp_GetNewMetricData.sql (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- isp_GetNewData.sql (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- isp_GroomFactData.sql (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- isp_process_legend_data.sql (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- isp_REPGetTemplateName.sql (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- isp_GetCubeProcessXMLA.sql (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- template.AMExtractFactData.XSL (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- template.AMExtractDimensionData.XSL (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- AppManager.PreCheckDataSource.XSL (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- AppManager.StartDataSource.XSL (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
This hotfix modifies the following files on Web Service computers:
- NQACLib.dll (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
- NQACService.dll (Build Number 2.7.445.0)
NetIQ Corporation strives to ensure our products provide quality solutions for your enterprise software needs. The following issue is currently being researched. If you need further assistance, please contact Technical Support.
Issue With Importing Drill-Down Reports
A Drill-Down report that you import after applying the hotfix might still contain broken links to sub-reports. You can repair links to sub-reports in the following ways:
- If you exported the Drill-Down report from Analysis Center 2.6, apply the hotfix again to repair the sub-report links.
- If you exported the Drill-Down report from Analysis Center 2.7, restore the links manually according to the following instructions.
To restore a link to a sub-report manually:
- In the Reports tree, select the Drill-Down report that contains the broken link.
- Click the Properties tab.
- In the Display section of the Properties tab, click the Browse button (...) next to Column Rules.
- In the Column Rules dialog box, select a column in the Members pane and click Remove.
- Click Add and scroll to the Attributes section.
- In the Attributes section, in the Source box, select a column name.
- In the Links section, click the Browse button (...) next to Cell, and in the Pick Report dialog box select the sub-report with the broken link in the Drill-Down report.
- In the Pick Report dialog box, click OK.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 for each broken link in the Drill-Down report.
- In the Column Rules dialog box, click OK.
- Click Report > Save Report.
- Once you have applied the hotfix, you can export Drill-Down reports and re-import them without applying the hotfix again.
Hotfix 71882 [December 11, 2009]
This hotfix resolved the following issues:
- Resolved an issue where the ETL processing job filtered and processed unnecessary data in a table, resulting in a table that contained duplicate entries and an excessive number of rows. After you applied this hotfix, the ETL processing job only picked up required rows. (ENG262020, ENG263015)
- Resolved an issue where the ETL processing job failed in step 3 if you deleted all jobs or removed some Knowledge Scripts from the AppManager repository (QDB).
- Improved OLAP job processing efficiency by processing dimensions and cubes separately.
- Resolved an issue that could cause the OLAP processing job to fail in step 9.
- Resolved an issue with aggregation on partitions. This hotfix modified the parameters for creating partitions so that Analysis Center created new partitions with an aggregation percentage of 65% and an estimated row count of 50 million. These settings could improve performance when running reports. To apply these aggregation settings to existing partitions, contact NetIQ Technical Support.
- Resolved an issue where Analysis Center rendered incorrect values for the time context "Yesterday" or for a custom time range in which the start and dates were the same.
- Resolved an issue with the number of reported event occurrences. Before you applied this hotfix, event reports did not always reflect the correct number of event occurrences. After you applied this hotfix, Analysis Center calculated the correct number of occurrences from the time you applied the hotfix. Any event report whose date range began after the date you applied the hotfix displayed the correct number of event occurrences.
- Resolved an issue where you might be able to see some metrics and Knowledge Scripts in the Report Wizard but not in the Console. After applying this hotfix, Analysis Center displayed those metrics and Knowledge Scripts in both the Report Wizard and the Console.
- Resolved issues with broken links in Drill-Down reports. Before applying this hotfix, when using the Report Wizard to create Drill-Down reports, the link to the sub-report might have been broken. In addition, the links might have been broken after you imported Drill-Down reports from Analysis Center 2.6 into Analysis Center 2.7, or if you upgraded from version 2.6 to 2.7.
- Resolved an issue where Analysis Center might not delete all data objects according to the grooming value you set for the Data Mart. After applying this hotfix, Analysis Center deleted all data objects correctly and freed the physical space.