How do I reenable CGW on an agent after it's been uninstalled or disabled?
To resolve this, you will need to edit the registry of the agent machine.
- Open REGEDIT.
- Navigate to: HKLM|SOFTWARE|NetIQ|Change Guardian for Windows
- Find the String: CGWMonitoringDisabled
- Delete the entire registry key (not just the value, but the key itself).
- Restart the NetIQ Security Manager agent.
- Validate that the driver is now running, by running the following command in a cmd prompt window: DRIVERQUERY | FIND "cgwfunc"
*The cgw filter driver will be listed as cgwfunc with some numbers after it indicating which version is running.