Last updated Dec 14th, 2009
The NetIQ UNIX agent's hotfixes are designed to be appled in a certain order for maximum stability. Generally it is a good rule of thumb to apply hotfixes with their number incrementing.
On a fresh 7.1 UNIX Agent implementation, the following hotfixes are recommended to be appled in the following orders.
NetIQ 7.1 UNIX Agent (agent installed on UNIX system to be monitored)
- Hotfix 71840 (Oct 2009) (AppManager UNIX Patch)
- Resolves an issue with nqmdaemon in Solaris Global Zones
- Resolves an issue with the LogicalDiskIO KS on HP-UX
- Resolves an issue with incorrect bias time on AIX
- Resolves an issue with RemoteProcessDown and AsciiLog KSs on all platforms.
- Resolves an issue with the Oracle MO returning an error if the query to find all autoextensible datafiles returns no data (i.e. there are no autoextensible datafiles).
- Hotfix 71935 (Dec 2009) (Security Manager UNIX Patch)
- Provides basic support for syslog-ng
- Reduces the amount of File System Space Used for NetIQ Security Manager
- Resolves an issue with Possible Data Loss in Reports from NetIQ Security Manager
7.1 UNIX Agent Manager (Java based UNIX console to manage UNIX agents remotely)
- Hotfix 71934 (Dec 2009) (All UNIX products effected)
- Add support for password protection of hosts list
- Usability improvements
- Resolves issues with opening Remote Deployment Wizard from SCM
- Resolves issue where patch manager does not show all Agent computers
- Resolves issue where UNIX Agent Manager does not properly delete log files
- Resolves issue where UNIX Agent Manager does not properly install patch.
- Add basic support to communicate to previous versions of the SM/SCM UNIX Agent (5.6)