Secure Configuration Manager 5.8
Secure Configuration Manager 5.7
Secure Configuration Manager 5.6
To enable logging for Core Services logon to the machine where core services is installed and perform the steps below.
- Go to start\programs\NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager\Core Services Configuration Utility.
- In the Window that appears select the Logging tab.
- Change the Log Output Level to debug.
- Change the Communication Tracing to enabled.
- Then select Apply and OK.
- Go to Services and stop the NetIQ Core Services service and leave the services window open.
- Go to Windows Explorer to this directory %program files%\NetIQ\Secure Configuration Manager\Core Services\Log and delete or rename the log files here.
- Return to the Services window and start the NetIQ Core Services service.
- Recreate the issue so that it is captured in the log files.
- Collect the logs at this location before any other settings are changed. %program Files%\NetIQ\Secure Configuration Manager\Core Services\Log
- Go to start\programs\NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager\Core Services Configuration Utility
- Select the Logging tab and change the Log Output level to Information.
- Change the Communication Tracing to disabled.
- Open the Services window and stop and restart the NetIQ Core Services service.
- Email the logs to firstname.lastname@example.org making sure to include the Service Request Number in the title.
- Ensure that logging for other involved components of SCM is enabled before recreating the issue.
- If the log files are too large to email please contact NetIQ Technical Support for FTP instructions.