Secure Configuration Manager 5.8
Secure Configuration Manager 5.7
Secure Configuration Manager 5.6
Vigilent Security Agent for Windows 5.8
Vigilent Security Agent for Windows 5.7
Vigilent Security Agent for Windows 5.6
Go to the machine where the Windows Agent is physically installed to perform the actions below.
- On the agent machine go to Services and stop the NetIQ Vigilent Agent.
- Then go to Windows Explorer and locate %program files%NetIQ\Vulnerability Manager Agent\Log and delete or rename all of the files in this directory.
- Open the registry by going to start\run and typing regedit.
- In the registry editor go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NetIQ\VigilEnt\Agent
- Change the logLevel value from 2 to 4.
- Close the registry and open the Services window and start the NetIQ Vigilent Agent for Windows.
- Recreate the issue and then collect the entire log folder from this directory. %program files%NetIQ\Vulnerability Manager Agent\Log
- Send the logs to email@example.com and make sure to add the Service Request number in the title of the email.
- Open the registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\NetIQ\VigilEnt\Agent.
- Return the logLevel value from 4 to 2.
- Open services and stop and restart the NetIQ Vigilent Agent service.
The Windows agent is having issues and is not producing an error that describes the problem or solution well enough.
Logging may need to be enabled on the Core Services machine as well as the agent to capture the issue in both logs when recreating.