If .Net 2.0 or higher is installed on a particular server, NetIQ KB 2.0 will fail to install properly
Unable to install NetIQ KB 2.0 on SQL 2005 server
This can be worked around through a few simple changes in IIS Manager on the target server:
- In IIS Manager on the target system, open the Default Web Site properties
- Go to the ASP.NET tab, and make a note of the ASP.NET version that the Default Website is currently set to use
- You will need to change the Default Website to temporarily use .NET 1.1.
- Install NetIQ KB 2.0
- Once the install has completed successfully, return to IIS Manager
- Open the Default Web Site properties
- Go to the ASP.NET tab
- Reset the ASP.NET version of the Default Website to the original value that you noted in Step 2.
If you have further questions regarding this work-around, please contact NetIQ Technical Support for assistance.
This work-around is also detailed in the following Qmunity posting: https://community.netiq.com/forums/p/3428/10055.aspx#10055