NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
NetIQ AppManager for Microsoft Exchange 2007 module version 7.3.293.0 and earlier only.
In order to increase the logging levels in regards to Exchange 2007 PowerShell issues perform the steps below:
- Remote in to the Exchange 2007 server.
- Browse to Program Files(x86)\NetIQ\AppManager\Bin\PowerShell.
- Open MCPSHostServerConfig.exe.config in notepad.
- Search for the phrase "Level value" (do not include the quotes in your search)
- Change the word "Error" within the quotes next to Level value to read "Debug"
- Save and exit the file.
- Repeat this process for the MCPSHostClient.dll.config file.
- Restart the NetIQ Client Resource Monitor service.
- Stop any existing MCPSHostServer.exe processes listed as running in task manager.
- Once these files are edited, return to the console.
- Reproduce the error in the console.
- Log back in to the Exchange 2007 Server.
- Browse to the Program Files(x86)\NetIQ\Temp\NetIQ_Debug.
- Zip the contents of the folder and send them in to NetIQ Technical Support for further review.
- Be certain to revert these changes once the issue has been resolved.
To revert these changes after collecting the log files, simply edit the same files as able and revert the "Debug" word, back to "Error".
To learn how to collect verbose logging for NetIQ AppManager for Microsoft Exchange 2007 modules beyond version 7.3.293.0, please see NETIQKB72416.
If you need further assistance with the subject matter discussed in this Knowledge Base Article, please contact NetIQ Technical Support.