When Report Viewer is launched, the hyperlink "reports" is shown, however no reports are listed for any grouping under the link.
To correct this issue, please complete the following steps:
- Verify the path that reports are being saved to.
- This can be done by creating a report and viewing the path shown in the event message indicating that the report was created.
- Open IIS on the AppManager Web Services server and expand:
- Web Server Name -> Web Sites -> Default Web Site
- Verify that the virtual directory named 'Reports' is present under the default web site.
- If the directory is not present, it will need to be created.
- See the notes section below for creating this virtual directory.
- Expand the Reports virtual directory and ensure that your reports are listed under that folder.
- If no reports are shown, right click on the Report virtual directory and select Properties.
- From the Properties page, change the local path to point to the location in which your reports are being saved.
- If the reports are being saved to a network share, map that share to a local drive and enter the local path here.
- Select OK.
Your reports will now be listed under the virtual directory in IIS, and will be shown in the Report Viewer console as well.
- The Report virtual directory has been removed, or was never created on the AppManager Web Services server.
- The Report virtual directory is not properly linked to the path in which reports are being created in.
Creating the Report Virtual Directory manually:
- Right click on the Default web site in IIS.
- Select New -> Virtual Directory -> Next
- The alias must be: "Report", then select Next
- Browse to the path where your reports are being created, by default it should be Program Files\NetIQ\Common\Reports.
- If your reports are saved to a files share on a remote server, map the drive to the IIS machine and then browse to the path.
- Grant Read, Write and Browse permissions to the virtual directory, select Next, and then Finish.
The report folder should now appear under the default web site, and by expanding this virtual directory your saved reports should be listed.
If you need further assistance with this issue, please contact NetIQ Technical Support.