Security Manager 6.x
If you receive this Alert, verify that your backup software if functioning and also un-checking the "File is ready for archiving" attribute on each backed up file.
If you wish to disable this feature, please see the following steps:
- Login to your Log Archive Server.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the following directory:
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NetIQ\Security Manager"
- Open this file in notepad:
- Locate this line in the "LogArchiveConfiguration.config" file:
<Property name="GroomUnarchivedData" value="false" />
- Change "false to "true".
- Save and close the "LogArchiveConfiguration.config" file.
- Restart the NetIQ Log Archive service.
The Log Archive checks partitions every 60 minutes for partitions to close. If a partition has aged outside the set grooming schedule, the Log Archive service will review the partition for grooming. The service will check each NDS file in the partition for the "File is ready for archiving" attribute. If this is checked, the Log Archive server will not groom the partition. It assumes that your backup processes have failed and the "File is ready for archiving" attribute has not been unchecked.
The Groom Unarchived Data feature has always existed on the Log Archive server since it was introduced. However, the flag that enables this checking did not get enabled, by default, until Security Manager 6.0 Service Pack 3 and later.