NetIQ Aegis 2.0
NetIQ Aegis 2.1
NetIQ Aegis 2.2
By default, the Streambase temp files are located in c:\windows\temp. Is there a way to specify the location of Aegis sbd (streambase) temp files, such as moving these files off of the C: drive on the server where Aegis is running, and to a new storage location?
With StreamBase there are two sets of files that get created - the StreamBase querytables and the StreamBase temporary files. The querytables are typically the much larger files in the environment as they contain the StreamBase internal tables which hold event data for correlation. The temporary files are generally small.
The StreamBase querytables can be moved by following this procedure:
- Edit C:\Program Files\NetIQ\Aegis\IQConnect\data\pg\sb\sbd.sbconf
- For NetIQ Aegis 2.2 the path is C:\Program Files\NetIQ\Aegis\IQConnect73\data\pg\sb\sbd.sbconf
- Uncomment one of the lines titled "STREAMBASE_INSTALL_DATADIR"
- Modify this line to place the querytables where ever you like on your system
- Restart the NetIQ Aegis Correlation Engine service
Note: This drive or path needs to be accessible at all times, so locating on a network shared drive is not recommended.
The temporary files are dependent upon the system-wide %TMP% environment variable. If you choose, you can reset that environment variable and restart StreamBase (aka the NetIQ Aegis Correlation Engine service). StreamBase does not currently support moving these files in any other fashion than via the %TMP% environment variable.