Change Guardian for Windows 2.0
Change Guardian for Windows drivers could cause agents to fail, especially on computers with low system resources
This hotfix for the Change Guardian for Windows product resolves specific previous issues. This document outlines why you should install this hotfix and provides installation instructions. We assume you are familiar with previous versions of this product.
To install this hotfix:
- Run CGW20000_Hotfix71626.exe on the Security Manager central computer on which you've already installed Change Guardian for Windows service. You must use an account that is a member of the local Administrators group.
- Run the setup program from the root folder of the Change Guardian installation kit.
- Click Begin Production Setup. The setup program verifies a supported version of Security Manager is installed, the Security Manager services are running, and your account has the required permissions.
- Follow the instructions in the setup program until you finish installing Change Guardian.
- After you install the Change Guardian for Windows hotfix, you must upgrade your agents. For information about upgrading your agents, see "Upgrading from Previous Versions," in the User Guide for NetIQ Change Guardian for Windows.
Resolves an Issue with False Alerts for File Access
Before you apply this hotfix, Change Guardian for Windows falsely indicates users have accessed files to which they have no access rights. When you install this hotfix, Change Guardian for Windows accurately reflects which users have accessed which files. (ENG269296/ENG265395)
Resolves an Issue Where Change Guardian for Windows Drivers Could Cause Agents to Fail
Before you apply this hotfix, Change Guardian for Windows drivers could cause agents to fail, especially on computers with low system resources. When you install this hotfix, the issue no longer occurs. (ENG270706)