NetIQ AppManager 7.0.x
NetIQ AppManager Oracle for Windows Module
Error:SQLSTATE=08004, native error=12154,msg=[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
In order to correct the issue, please perform the following steps:
- On the Agent where the Oracle module has been installed open the ODBC Data Source Administrator (Start --> Run --> odbccp32.cpl)
- Select the System DSN tab.
- Select the system datasource that was created after installing the Oracle MO. If the Oracle system DSN was not created on installtion of the Oracle MO please run the ckoracle.exe utility in order to genertate the necessary system DSN (The ckoracle.exe utility generates the system DSN, which is required to configure the Oracle RDBMS server.)
- In the Oracle ODBC Driver Confiuration Window select the drop down button for TNS Service Names.
- Select the correct TNS service name for the Oracle Database that you are trying to connect to. If there are no TNS names listed then you will need to verify the existence and contents of the tnsnames.ora file in the Oracle installation directory.
- After selecting the correct TNS names click the "Test Connection" button in the Oracle ODBC Driver Connection Window.
- If the connection test is successful then close out all windows and try discovery again (Note: disovery will not succeed if the connection test is not successful).
Please note the above steps are for 32-bit Oracle installtions only.