Installation of the NetIQ Control Center invoikes an InstallShield executable file, with filename NetIQCCSetup.exe. This file is locates in the \Setup\Setup Files directory of the AppManager installation kit.
To install Control Center silently on the local computer run the following command in the Setup Files directory:
"D:\AM_701\windows_installation\Setup\Setup Files\NetIQCCSetup.exe" /s /v"INSTALLDIR="G:\SQL2005\SQLDATA\NetIQ" CC_AD_SERVICE=1
CC_AD_WEBSERVICE=1 CC_CCDB=1 CC_CQS=1 CC_CONSOLE=1 CCDB_SQLSERVERINSTANCE=<SQL Server Name\SQL Instance> CCDB_WINSECMODE=1 CCDB_SQLUSER=netiq CCDB_SQLUSERPWD=netiq CCDB_WIN_DOMAIN=<Windows Domain> CCDB_WIN_USER=<Window Domain User> CQS_DOMAIN=<Windows Domain CQS_USER=<Windows Domain User> INSTALL_MO_HELP=FALSE"
- You must mention the full path of NetIQCCSetup.exe in the command.
- You must include the CCDB_SQLUSER, CCDB_SQLUSERPWD, and CCDB_WIN_USER parameter in the installation string regardless of which authentication method is being used to install the NQCCDB.
This command installs the Control Center repository, Command Queue Service, console, and both Deployment services using default settings. You can disable some components for installation using the parameters shown above. At minimum, you need to supply values for the parameters shown in brackets (<>)
- /s (Run in silent mode)
- /v (Include Microsoft installer command-line options)
- /L (Specify a path to the log file.)
- <Log File Options>
- Options for specifying what information is included in the installation log file. For more information, see the table of log file options below.
- Directory where the components should be installed. Default is C:\Program Files\NetIQ.
- 1 = Install the Deployment Service
- 0 = Do not install the Deployment Service
- 1 = Install the Deployment Web Service
- 0 = Do not install the Deployment Web Service
- 1 = Install the Control Center repository
- 0 = Do not install the Control Center repository
- 1 = Install the Command Queue Service
- 0 = Do not install the Command Queue Service
- 1 = Install the Control Center console
- 0 = Do not install the Control Center console
- Name of the SQL Server computer and instance (if any) where Control Center repository should be installed.
- 1 = Use the Windows user account of the user who is currently logged into the computer.
- 0 = Use a SQL Server account (with SQL authentication)
- The username of the login account used to create a database in SQL Server.
- The password associated with the login account used to create a database in SQL server.
- TRUE = Install the help files
- FALSE = Do not install the help files
- 1 = Check in packages
- 0 = Do not check in packages
- Windows domain where the Command Queue Service should run.
- Username associated with the Windows user account under which the Command Queue Service should run.
- Password associated with the Windows user account under which the Command Queue Service should run.