Security Manager 6.5.2
Security Manager 6.5 SP1
Security Manager 6.5
Security Manager 6.0 SP4
Security Manager 6.0 SP3
- Use Add Windows Components, and remove Network DTC.
- Go to the command line and run: MSDTC -uninstall
- Go to the registry and delete the MSDTC keys in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/MSDTC, HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/MSDTC, and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CID (if they're still there).
- Go to the command line and run: MSDTC -install 6. Then use Add Windows Components to add Network DTC.
- Go to the command line and run: net start msdtc
These steps may need to be performed on all cloned VMs.
The problem is due to the virtual machine (VM) having the same Context ID (CID) as another VM. This occurs when a VM is cloned, as all cloned machines have the same CID.
To validate that the Context ID (CID) is the same, you can use a tool from Microsoft called DTCPING. This will need to be run on both machines.
To find out more about DTCPING, please visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306843 and http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5e325025-4dcd-4658-a549-1d549ac17644