UNIX agents stop communicating with the Management Service
In order to correct these issues, you will need to download and install AppManager 7.0.1 Hotfix 71243. The Hotfix has been made available at the following location:
This hotfix supersedes Hotfix 71003 for the Appmanager 7.0.1 Management Service. For more information about the issues resolved in the previous hotfix, see the Previous Releases section of this article.
Why Install this Hotfix?
This hotfix resolves the following issues:
- Resolves an issue where the Management Service stops responding to the UNIX agents. Before you apply this hotfix, when the Management Service monitors a large number of UNIX agents, it stops responding to the UNIX agents after a certain time period and becomes inactive. The issue occurs because the Management Service initiates a large number of open connections with the UNIX agents and becomes inactive when the number of connections exceeds the maximum limit of 1000. After you apply this hotfix, the Management Service will no longer stop responding to the communication from the UNIX agents and will continue to remain active. (ENG249419)
- Resolves an issue where the UNIX agents stop communicating with the Management Service. Before you apply this hotfix, the UNIX agents stop communicating with the Management Service and lose connection to the AppManager repository. This issue occurs randomly on different UNIX agents on different Management Services at different time periods. After you apply this hotfix, the UNIX agents no longer stop communicating with the Management Service and do not lose the connection to the AppManager repository.(ENG252298)
Contents of the Download Package
The AM701_Hotfix71243.exe download package contains the following files, which are used by the hotfix setup program unless otherwise noted:
- AM701_Hotfix71243_Setup.exe, the hotfix setup program.
- AM701_ReadMe71243.htm, this readme.
- Setup Files, a folder that contains the AM701_Hotfix71243_MSSetup.msp, the Management Service setup program. The hotfix setup program automatically runs this file to update the Management Service.
Installing the Hotfix
To install this hotfix:
- Before running the setup program, stop the NetIQ AppManager Management Service.
- Run AM701_Hotfix71243_Setup.exe on all AppManager Management Server computers.
The PATCH.LOG file lists all changes and problems encountered during the installation process. The Windows installer log file AM701_Hotfix71243_MSSetup.msp.log lists only the changes associated with the hotfix installation. By default, these file are located in the \NetIQ\Temp\NetIQ_Debug folder.
Changes to Files
This hotfix modifies the following file on the Management Server computers:
- NetIQms.exe (Build Number 7.0.11144.0)
Hotfix 71003, [March, 2008]
This hotfix resolved the following AppManager repository issues:
- When the Management Service monitors UNIX agents, it initiates a large number of database connections to the AppManager repository and becomes inactive.
- When the UNIX agents communicate with the Management Service, many of the jobs take a long time to change their status from Pending to Running.
Known issues within the AppManager Management Service.
Contacting NetIQ Corporation
Please contact us with your questions and comments. We look forward to hearing from you.
1-713-418-5555 (United States)
|Support Web Site:|