Security Manager 6.0
All service packs
Steps to install the new LAS server:
- Install the Log Archive Component using the SM installation files.
- Install the current SM Service Pack your environment is using.
- Run the Log Archive Configuration Utility and setup a new Log Archive Partition by clicking the "add" button in the "log archives" section.
To direct the data to the new LAS server:
- Open the Monitor Console and run The Configuration Wizard > Log Manager > Configure Log Manager.
- For each Central Computer listed, use the Specify button to change each Central Computer to the new Log Archive Server.
- Click Finish and close the Configuration Wizard.
- Restart the Security Manager Core service.
Note: At this point the new Log Archive server will be accepting archival data for storage.
Steps on the old Log Archive Server:
- Open Computer Management.
- Expand Services and Application > Message Queuing and click on Private Queues. Verify these queues are empty. It may take 5 minutes for these queues to empty. When they are at zero, proceed to the next step.
- Open the Log Archive Configuration Utility and set the active partition to read only.
- Apply and close the Log Archive Configuration Utility.
- Copy the NetIQSMLogArchive directory (or the directory you?re using for the active partition) to your new server.
- The server is now ready to be taken offline.
Steps on the New Log Archive Server:
- Run the Log Archive Configuration Utility.
- Add the partition from the old Log Archive server.
- Make sure the old partition is set to read only.
- Apply and then close.
Verifying the new Log Archive Server is collecting data:
- On the new Log Archive Server, open Windows Explorer and explore to the directory containing the log archive partition. ( By default its named: NetIQSMLogArchive)
- Within the NetIQSMLogArchive directory you should see a folder with the current date. Within this folder, check that NDS files are being created. If you see them, data is being transmitted and stored on in the Log Archive.
If you need further details on the installation process of the Log Archive Component, please refer to the Security Manager Installation Guide.