Service Pack 1
Security Manager 6 SP1
Service Pack 2
Security Manager 6 SP2
Service Pack 3
Security Manager 6 SP3
MSDTC Configuration issue
Section 1 - Confirm MSDTC settings
Check the MSDTC settings on the Central Computer and the SQL Server. See the following Steps:
- Click on: Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Component Services.
- Inside Component Service expand: Component Service > Computers > My Computer.
- Right click on My Computer and click on properties.
- Select the MSDTC Tab and click on Security Configuration, in the bottom left corner.
- Inside Security Configuration window select the following:
- Allow remote Clients,
- Allow Remote Administration
- Allow Inbound
- Allow Outbound
- No Authentication Required
- Enable XA Translations.
6. Click ok at the bottom and then ok on the My Computer Properties Window.
Section 2 - Server cloning issue.
- Log into the Central Computer with an administrative account.
- Click on: Start > Run.
- In the Run box type in CMD and click ok.
- Inside the Command Window type the following: msdtc - uninstall
- Click on Start > Administrative Tool > Services.
- Verify that the Distributed Transaction Coordinator is disabled. You may need to allow a couple minutes for the uninstall process to complete.
- After verifying that the uninstall is complete, type the following command in the Command Window: msdtc - install.
- In the service menu, verify that the Distributed Transaction Coordinator is Enabled. You may need to allow a couple minutes for the install process to complete.
- Reboot the server.
MSDTC is misconfigured on the Central Computer and/or the SQL Server containing the Onepoint database.