NetIQ Directory and Resource Administrator 8.x
Event Source: ADAM
Event Category: Knowledge Consistency Checker
Event ID: 1925
Time: 7:58:37 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS
The attempt to establish a replication link for the following writable directory partition failed.
This directory service will be unable to replicate with the source directory service until this problem is corrected.
Verify if the source directory service is accessible or network connectivity is available.
1772 The list of RPC servers available for the binding of auto handles has been exhausted.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Continual replication warnings in the ADAM event log on the DRA Server.
Perform the following actions on any existing ADAM instance that is part of the replication set that is presenting the error:
- Navigate to Start -> Programs -> ADAM and then select ADAM ADSI Edit.
- Right click on ADAM ADSI EDIT and select 'Connect to...'
- Enter the LDAP port number being used by ADAM on this server.
- Select the 'Well-known naming context' radio button and select Configuration in the drop down list.
- Connect using your DRA Service account or any account that is a member of the domain local ADAM group created prior to installation.
- Select OK
- Expand the My Connection node -> CN=Configuration -> CN=Sites -> CN=Default-first-site-name -> CN=Servers
- Locate the entry indicating the instance that has been removed, and delete it.
- Close ADAM ADSI Edit
- Restart the DRA Secure Storage service
An ADAM partition that had previously been part of a replication set has been removed or is otherwise no longer available. When you remove an ADAM partition you are prompted for credentials that must pass in order for the deletion process to remove pointers that exist in other replication partners. If you choose to SKIP the ability to enter these credentials, or they are not available to you, the uninstall will not remove this pointer and ADAM will continue to try and replicate with the now non-existent replication partner. This issue can also be caused if during the removal of an ADAM instance, the server that you are performing the removal on cannot contact the primary ADAM instance, or if the ADAM service on the primary ADAM Instance Server has been stopped.