NetIQ Control Center 7.0.x
CQS Service fails to start
The service account for the NetIQ AppManager Control Center Command Queue Service should be an account that can log into Control Center.
Add the User to Control Center Security:
1. Logon to Control Center using netiq account or an account that has admin rights.
2. Click File and select the Manage Security menu option to add the user.
3. In the Manage Security dialog box, click the Users button.
4. Click Add.
5. In the Add New User dialog box, select the authentication method for the user account that corresponds to your Microsoft SQL Server configuration.
Verify the Command Queue Service is set to run as a domain account.
1. Open services on the system that is hosting the NetIQ AppManager Control Center Command Queue Service. (Start > Run > Services.msc > Click OK)
2. Choose NetIQ Appmanager Control Center Command Queue Service.
3. Right-click the service, and select properties.
4. Go to the Log On tab, and verify that the account has been added in domain\account format (ex. mydomain\netiq)
4. Enter the password and then click on OK.
5. Start the NetIQ Appmanager Control Center Command Queue Service.
Verify that the nqcqs.exe.config file reflects the proper servername.
1. On the NetIQ Appmanager Control Center Command Queue Service host machine, open Windows Explorer.
2. Browse to the install path <install path>\netiq\appmanager\control center\bin (ex. C:\Program Files\Netiq\AppManager\Control Center\bin)
3. Open nqcqs.exe.config file with Notepad or Wordpad.
4. Verify the ServerName value reflects the name of the server where the Control Center Database is installed.