Directory and Resource Administrator 7.x
Directory and Resource Administrator 8.x
How do I view advanced Active Directory objects in DRA?
Does DRA count user objects with the 'showinadvancedviewonly' flag set toward licensing?
Objects with the 'showinadvancedviewonly' flag set using ADSIEDIT are not viewable by default in Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA). However, you can configure DRA to allow Admins to see these objects in the Account and Resource Management console. To do so:
- Launch the Delegation and Configuration Console logged on as an account that is a member of DRA Admins.
- Select Configuration Management.
- Right-click and select Update Administation Server Options.
- Select Client Options.
- Toggle the Show advanced Active Directory objects option box.
- Perform a Full Accounts Cache Refresh on all domains that have these types of objects, afterwhich, they will be viewable in the DRA consoles.
Whether you choose to enable viewing of these objects or not, DRA counts User objects with this flag set toward licensing.