NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager 5.8.x
NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager 5.6
NetIQ Secure Configuration Manager 5.7
What needs to be saved for disaster recovery purposes for SCM?
- Please have a valid current backup copy of the VigilEnt Database.
- Backup your license keys: located in Core Services Configuration Utility License Key tab. Apply this to the Secondary server.
- Backup copy of your domain keys: Please perform steps below to export/import domain keys. Apply this to the Secondary server.
- Latest backup copy of Secure Configuration Manager and hot fixes that have been applied. What ever that has been applied to Primary must be applied to Secondary.
To move domain keys from one Core Services to another, complete the following steps:
- On the Core Services computer that registered the agents, open the ExportDomainKeys.bat file. By default, this file is located in the Program Files\NetIQ\Secure Configuration Manager\Core Services\bin folder.
- At the Filename prompt, type the name of the file in which to store the domain keys, and then press Enter. At the Password prompt, type a password that the other Core Services will use to access the domain keys for importing, and press Enter. Save these to a directory other than the Secure Configuration Manager directory structure.
- For each Core Services computer that requires access to the agents registered on the first Core Services, complete these next steps in the following order:
- Run the ImportDomainKeys.bat file.
- At the Filename prompt, type the name of the file where the domain keys are stored and press Enter.
- At the Password prompt, type the password to access the domain keys, and then press Enter.
- Restart the NetIQ Core Services service.
If you need further assistance with these steps, please contact NetIQ Technical Support.