Security Manager 6.0
Upgrading The old LM log db SQL2000 server to SQL 2005
Running forensic reports from SM6.0 against LM?s on a SQL 2000 server
Migrating Log Manager databases to a SQL 2005 server
Managing Log Manager databases in Security Manager 6.0
Log database migration from Security Manager 5x to Security Manager 6.0
Migrating LM log databases from a SQL 2000 to a SQL 2005 server in SM6.0
1. Close all open Security Manager user interfaces and stop the NetIQ Security Manager and NetIQ Security Manager Core service on all central computers.
2. Run the following SQL query using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio\New Query to update the map table in the OnePoint database:
set LOGDATABASESERVER = '<new SQL server name>' where LOGDATABASESERVER = '<old SQL server name>'
3. Update the Configuration table in the OnePoint database on the SQL 2005 database server by completing the following steps:
a. Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio\New Query and run this query to find all of the old database server entries.
Select * from CONFIGURATION where DATAVALUE = Old_server_name
b. Update those entries with the new SQL 2005 database server name
c. Close and save the Configuration table.
4. Detach and copy the LM database .mdf and .ldf files from the old log database server to the new log SQL 2005 database server. The log database names use the following format:
LM_YYYYMMDD_001 Where YYYYMMDD is the date in local time on the log database server.
5. Detach and copy the LogManagerSummary .mdf and .ldf files from the old log database server to the new SQL 2005 database server.
6. Attach the log databases to the new SQL 2005 database server.
Upgrading The old LM log db SQL 2000 server to SQL 2005:
This is just a straight SQL upgrade, no other configuration is needed. You should be able to run forensic reports against the old LM?s on the new SQL 2005 server.
Running forensic reports from SM6.0 against LM?s on a SQL 2000 server:
No other configuration is needed for this to work.
The old LM groom jobs will continue to run after the upgrade to Security Manager 6.0
This document can only be used in cases where there is only one SQL 2000 server hosting db's being migrated to one SQL 2005 db server. DO NOT try to migrate LM's db's from several different log db servers to a single SQL 2005 db server without consulting NetIQ Technical Support, 713.418.5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org