What should I consider before upgrading to DRA 8.1?
Before upgrading to Directory and Resource Administrator (DRA) 8.1, please review the following notes. Please ensure that your environment is prepared for upgrading to DRA 8.1 and it meets all hardware/software requirements.
- DRA 8.1 can only be installed on Microsoft Windows 2003 Server and later.
- Your domain functional level must be at a minimum of 2000 Native Mode. DRA 8.1 will not install in Mixed Mode environments.
- Management of NT4 domains or objects is no longer supported.
- Management and creation of Exchange 5.5 mailboxes is no longer supported.
- It is strongly recommended that DRA 8.1 not be installed on domain controllers.
- DRA 8.1 requires that an ADAM (Active Directory Application Mode) instance be installed on each DRA server.
- Virtual Attributes, once created, can not be deleted, but they can be disabled.
- Create the Domain Local Security Group used to access ADAM before installing or upgrading to DRA 8.1.