NetIQ AppManager 8.0.x
Configure the AMAdmin_SchedMaint Knowledge Script Schedule
Need assistance configuring the AMAdmin_SchedMaint Knowledge Script Schedule
Need assistance scheduling Maintenance hours for Managed Agents
Schedule Maintenance hours for Managed Agents
The following steps detail an example of how to configure a maintenance window for a single server between the hours of 5:00 PM and 10:00 PM on the same day that the job is dropped:
- Locate the AMAdmin_SchedMaint Knowledge Script in the AMAdmin job category of your Operator Console
- Drag the job as an ad hoc job onto the server you would like to schedule maintenance for
- Configure the following fields of the Schedule tab:
- Set the Schedule type radio button to "Daily schedule" (the options for Run once, Regular intervals, X number of times, and Asynchronous are greyed out - the KS code is configured to grey these options out)
- Leave the Every X Day(s) field set to its default (should be 1)
- Configure the Start date radio button to "Now"
- Configure the End date radio button to equal the same day that this job is dropped
- Under the Frequency section, leave the first column of the section at its defaults (Every 5 minutes - the KS code will actually ignore this portion of the Frequency section)
- Configure the second column of the Frequency section so that the Starting at value is set to 5:00 PM and the End at value is set to 10:00 PM.
Invalid scheduling: start date is equal to stop date, do you want to continue ?This is NOT an invalid schedule. NetIQ has confirmed that the job will work correctly despite the warning message. Click 'Yes' and allow the job to be implemented. It will run as scheduled, as expected.