Goal: How do I reset the product object ownership and authorities?
Goal: Is there a tool to reset the product's object ownership and authorities?
Fact: NetIQ Security Solutions for iSeries 8.0
Fact: Remote Request Management (RRM)
Symptom: Product objects are not associated with authorization lists.
Fix: To resolve this issue, please use the attached source code to create a program that will reassociate product objects to the appropriate authorization lists and configure object ownership and authorities.
1. Save the linked file to the root directory of the local drive (C:\) on your PC:
2. Copy the file from the PC to the iSeries using FTP:
a. Open a new DOS or command window.
b. Type the following command substituting the name of the iSeries server for [system name]. The iSeries IP (internet address) can be used instead of the system name.
c. Type a user id at the FTP prompt, press Enter.
d. Type the password at the FTP prompt, press Enter.
e. Type the following FTP commands:
put c:\PSSETAUTFX.txt QGPL/QCLSRC.PSSETAUTFX
3. To implement this program, run the following command:
CRTCLPGM QGPL/PSSETAUTFX QGPL/QCLSRC TEXT('Reset VSAi product object authorities as shipped')
4. Check for locks on product libraries:
WRKOBJLCK PSAUDIT *LIB
WRKOBJLCK PSCOMMON *LIB
WRKOBJLCK PSDETECT *LIB
WRKOBJLCK PSSECURE *LIB
5. Run the program when there are no locks on any of the product libraries:
SBMJOB CMD(CALL QGPL/PSSETAUTFX) JOB(PSSETAUTFX)